4th of July is in just a couple of weeks and luckily it falls on a Friday giving everyone a long three-day weekend. If you’re looking for a place to celebrate this year, we’ve got you covered with some of the coolest places to celebrate 4th of July. Whether you’re planning to check out some fireworks, learn more about American history, or just want to cool off with great food and music, this list will cover some great of the hottest celebrations in SoCal.
- San Diego, CA – San Diego makes a great destination for 4th of July weekend. Not only is it one of the best beach cities in the country with plenty of attractions, you’ll get to catch the last few days of the San Diego County Fair. At night, you’ll get to see one of the most popular fireworks shows in SoCal with the Big Bay Boom July 4th Fireworks Show. (http://www.bigbayboom.com/)
- Disneyland – “The happiest place on Earth” gets patriotic on Independence Day. By spending your holiday at Disneyland, not only do you get to spend the day with fun-filled activities with the family, you also get to catch an amazing fireworks show synchronized to popular patriotic songs.
- Los Angeles, CA – A sprawling area filled with culture and history, Los Angeles is one of the best places to celebrate Fourth of July in SoCal. If you’re into music, you can listen to jazz at the annual Jazz on the Fourth of July in Leimert Park. (http://www.leimertparkbeat.com/events/jazz-on-the-fourth-of-july-in) Then make your way to Grand Park in the LA Civic Center for a fantastic fireworks show.
- Long Beach, CA – Long Beach is jam-packed with 4th of July activities this year including a BBQ at the Aquarium of the Pacific, the Kids’ Bike Parade along Granada Ave, and food, live music and fireworks aboard the Queen Mary. (http://www.visitlongbeach.com/calendar/index.cfm?action=daily&cdate=7-4-2014&navid=30)
- Huntington Beach, CA – If you’re in Orange County, you probably know of the annual Fourth of July Celebration in Huntington Beach. Catch a parade at noon, peruse the street vendors and listen to some music until it’s time for the fireworks show over the ocean. (http://www.hb4thofjuly.org/Entertainment.html)
With these fun ideas, you’ll be sure to find a place to celebrate in SoCal no matter where you live! Don’t forget to shop our Fourth of July costumes and accessories to find patriotic swag to celebrate in style. Let us know how you celebrate Fourth of July (here) to enter for your chance to win a $75 shopping spree to our website, PureCostumes.com. Only a few more days to enter so don’t wait! Lastly, if you know of a great place to celebrate Independence Day in your city, please let us know by leaving a comment below!